What is OddsCrowd?
Our mission at OddsCrowd.com is to help you be the best and most informed bettor you can be. To achieve this mission, we've created a website and app where you can find the best picks for upcoming games, compare the best odds from Legal US Sportsbooks, see all the best promotions and find insightful betting stats that you can't find anywhere else.
There are eight main things we offer on OddsCrowd:
- Track your bets: Track your betting picks against real odds and real lines. We track your betting picks, so you can understand how profitable you are, your ROI, you Strike Rate and your ranking in the community.
- Fantasy Betting Competitions: We run free to play betting contests for big cash prizes. We’ve given away $50,000 in the past year! Simply enter a competition, then track your picks through OddsCrowd. The most ‘profitable’ players win.
- Best Picks: View the best sports betting picks from the top performing bettors on OddsCrowd. Also follow the sharpest data driven picks from the OddsCrowd Algorithm. The OddsCrowd Algorithm is our own machine learning model that we use for our own betting, and we’ve made it free for you to use.
- Odds Comparison: We compare odds from all the major US Sportsbooks. We offer the fastest and most accurate Odds Comparison in market.
- Stats and Insights: We provide all the important Stats and Insights you need to make smart betting decisions on live and upcoming matches. See line movements, public betting trends, recent team schedules and much more.
- Live Scores: See full live box scores, win probability and live odds comparison for upcoming matches.
- Sportsbook Reviews: Comprehensive guides to all the legal US Sportsbooks available in each state.
- Sportsbook Offers: Find the latest Odds Boosts, Cash Backs and Sign Up Offers from all the legal US Sportsbooks.
Picking - General
How do I place a pick?
- Create a free account with OddsCrowd.
- Go to the Enter Picks page.
- Find the sport, event, bet type and outcome you want to place a pick against.
- Confirm that’s the pick you want to place.
- That’s all! Your pick will show up in your profile. Others will be able to see the game you’ve placed the pick against.
- Once the event is complete, we’ll automatically define it as a win, loss or return. The profitability of the pick will then also be added to your profile.
How many picks can I place?
Place as many picks as you like, they’re free. Remember though, every pick you place goes against your account’s profitability. So pick wisely!
What type of Picks can I enter?
Currently we offer three bet types to place picks against – Moneyline, Spread and Total. For further information on what bet types are and how they work, visit our article Bet Types Explained https://www.oddscrowd.com/insight/bet-types-explained.
What are Odds?
Odds are a numerical expression used in gambling to reflect of the ratio of payoff vs. the stake. The odds are generally reflective of the bookmakers view of the likelihood of an outcome happening. Odds can be expressed in several ways. On OddsCrowd, we express them in either Decimal or American formats. To read more on Odds and how the different formats, read our article Odds Explained https://www.oddscrowd.com/insight/sports-betting-odds-explained.
Can I cancel or change a pick?
You can’t change or cancel picks on OddsCrowd once they’ve been placed. This is in an effort to replicate how fixed sports bets work. If we did allow picks to be cancelled, then people who’ve placed picks that have moved unfavourably in odds or spread could cancel their pick and place the pick again at the better odds. This would make the important betting skill of placing bets at odds at value redundant.
What are Units?
Units reflect the size of the bet or pick you are placing. 1 Unit is the lowest confidence or lowest stake you can place on OddsCrowd. 3 Units is the highest stake you can place on OddsCrowd, and should be used when you are most confident about a bet (or highest risk).
If a 1 Unit bet equalled a $100 Stake on an outcome, a 3 Unit bet would equal three times the stake, or a $300 bet. By betting with 3 Units, you are increasing the size of your potential winnings but you are also increasing the potential losses.
Why do you use Units?
Everyone has different sized bankrolls for sports betting, using units allows us to track and compare profit or loss in universal terms across the OddsCrowd community.
How do I find good Sports Bettors on OddsCrowd?
The Leaderboard page is the best place to start. The Leaderboard ranks the top performing sports bettors from across the OddsCrowd community. If you’re looking to place a pick on a specific sport, say Ice Hockey, then you should probably filter the board for the best performers in Ice Hockey specifically. You might also want to play around with the time filter to either find a profile that has been performing well consistently over a longer period, or, you might want to look at a shorter period of time so you can see profiles running hot.
Looking at a specific profile is also a great way of understanding the type of bettor they are. Key things to look at:
Performance over time graph - See if they’re someone who has built up their winnings over time, or via a few big wins.
Profitability – The amount you would have won if you placed $100 on every pick they’ve placed.
ROI – the % return on investment. A 10% ROI means if you’d placed $100 on every pick they’ve placed, you would’ve made $10.
Rankings by Sport - You can see how they rank across the different sports. Some bettors do specialise in specific sports.
Strike Rate (the % of time their picks win) – This gives you a view of how often their picks result in a win.
Average Odds – This provides you with the average odds of the picks they make. You’ll be able to get an idea of whether they’re more regularly a favourite bettor or not.
How does OddsCrowd calculate each users profitability?
We use Units as the metric of Profitability. This allows us to provide a universal metric of Profitable for all members of OddsCrowd, no matter the size of their bankroll. For every Pick or Bet tracked through OddsCrowd, we ask you to place a 1, 2 or 3 Unit Stake. 1 Unit reflects the lowest risk and lowest potential Profit for the pick. 3 Units reflects the highest risk and potential return (three times the potential return as 1 Unit).
We provide real time odds and lines that are reflective of legal Sportsbooks in the US when you place your picks. Once you place a pick and the event outcome is determined, your pick will then be determined a win, loss or return, and your account will be updated with the profitability of your account. Any winning pick will exclude the stake of the pick. As well as profitability, we will automatically calculate all of the other subsequent metrics.
How do I enter competitions?
To enter a competition, you need to visit the competitions page. Here you can browse through the upcoming or active competitions.
Each competition has it’s own set of rules, so make sure you read them closely to understand things like what picks will qualify for your ranking in the competition, prizes and start and complete dates.
Once you’ve found the competition you’re interested in, simply enter via the Enter Competition button. After you’ve successfully entered, you’ll need to place picks against the qualifying sports and events. Any picks you place that are relevant to the competition will automatically tie back to your account’s profitability. Also, if you’ve already entered qualifying picks prior to entering the competition, they will automatically apply to your competition entry.
How do I know where I’ve finished in a completed competition?
You can view completed competition results by filtering by ‘completed competitions’.
How do I collect prizes from winning a competition?
Cash prizes will be distributed straight into your account. If the prize is with a bookmaker partner, we will reach out to you via email to organise the credit to your relevant account.
Can I enter Active competitions already underway?
You sure can! Entries for competitions remain open until the competition is complete.
What do each of the performance metrics mean, and how are they calculated?
Profitability = The amount won or lost from all picks minus the total stake invested. Picks can be placed as 1, 2 or 3 Units.
ROI = the % return on investment. A 10% ROI means if you’d placed 1 unit on every pick placed, you would’ve made 1.1 units back.
Ranking = Ranking is your rank relative to the other members of the OddsCrowd community. The individual sports rank is for picks placed only on individual sports.
Hot Streak = Highest number of winning picks in a row without a loss.
Strike rate = The percentage of times the users’ picks win.
Ave. Tip Odds = The average odds that the user places picks.
Invested = The amount invested i.e. if nine one unit picks have been placed by the user, it will be nine units.
Record = Record reflects the number of Wins, Losses and Returned picks. The first number is always Wins, the middle number is Losses, and the last number is returned picks.